(Cover Photo: Gerard Anton)
1. All entries must be received by 11:59pm, 17 April 2021. No entry details submitted after this time will be valid.
2. Entry is open to residents of Europe who are aged 18 or older, but excludes employees of Secret Compass, BASE, Anfibio and their immediate families, anyone connected professionally with the prize draw, or any person where entering this competition breaches any law or regulation of the jurisdiction in which they are resident.
3. By entering the competition you are agreeing to receive marketing emails from Secret Compass, Anfibio and BASE magazine. These are free to receive, and you can unsubscribe at any time using the unsubscribe link in the emails.
4. The prize from Secret Compass is a spot on the 2021 River Tay packrafting expedition. BASE magazine is for 4 magazines delivered to your door. The timings of delivery is subject to when the next four issues are printed. The packraft is redeemable through Anfibio packrafts, and is subject to availability.
5. If a winner doesn’t claim a prize within 28 days of being notified, or if a winner isn’t available to take up the prize, we may award the prize to another entrant (or not award the prize at all) without liability to the winner.
6. The prizes are strictly non-transferable to another person, or redeemable for cash.
7. The winner will be chosen at random from all those who entered the competition, and they will be notified by email by the organisers within 28 days of the closing date.
8. Only one entry per person will be available.
9. Secret Compass and Anfibio reserve the right to amend or withdraw the prize draw and any of the prizes in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside their reasonable control. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the promoter reserves the right to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value.
11. Prizes from Secret Compass, BASE and Anfibio will be managed respectively, unless otherwise stated. We will not be liable for any prizes which are lost, delayed or damaged in the post for reasons beyond our control.
12. Should a winner’s contact details change, it is their responsibility to notify us.
13. We reserve the right to request proof of a winner’s identity in the form of a passport or driver’s license and proof of address in the form of a utility bill. In the event that a winner can’t provide us with proof of identity reasonably acceptable to us, we may withdraw the prize and select another winner.
14. Unless specified otherwise entrants must only enter the competition once and must use their legal name. We reserve the right to disqualify any entrant who uses multiple names and to require them to return any prize they may have won. Entrants may not enter or participate as part of a syndicate or on behalf of any other person, syndicate, group, society or company. You may not enter the competition using automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits any person to enter the competition repeatedly.
16. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we exclude all warranties, representations, covenants and liability (whether express or implied) regarding the competition or the prize but this won’t exclude our liability for death or personal injury as a result of our negligence.
17. The promotion shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales.
18. Entry implies acceptance of these terms and conditions.