Secret Compass is a Bristol-based expedition and risk management company with a varied portfolio covering the adventure travel, TV and Film, and safety industries. To further support our filming partners during the COVID-19 pandemic, Secret Compass TV have opened a COVID-19 screening laboratory and are looking for a capable and experienced booking administrator to support the lab team within our wider Secret Compass office.
If you are interested in this role, please submit an application as soon as possible as applications will close shortly.
// CORE RESPONSIBILITIES:
You will play a pivotal role in the operation of the Secret Compass COVID-19 screening laboratory, which is supporting our partners across the TV and Film industry as they face the challenges of working in the ‘new normal’.
The role will require:
- Taking client bookings
- Assigning medics to administer tests
- Managing courier services for the safe transportation of samples
- Coordinating a team of lab technicians
- Managing and contracting a team of medics
- Resolving client requests to booking amendments
- Maintaining up-to-date client information and advice/marketing material
- Sending and consolidating invoices
In addition to the above responsibilities, you will be expected to actively engage with the wider organisation in developing and streamlining this pioneering screening program as it progresses.
The Booking Administrator will report into the Operations Manager and be based at the main SCHQ office in Bedminster, Bristol.
This is initially a part-time role of 22.5 hours over 5 working days (Monday-Friday).
// Life at SCHQ
We’re a fun team at SCHQ, fuelled by tea and biscuits – and the occasional G&T! We’re busy, with sections of the company spanning the adventure travel, TV and film, COVID-19 screening, risk management, creative production and magazine industries, there is no such thing as a ‘normal’ day.
The dog-friendly office is situated in South Bristol within walking distance of shops, town and a park, with many of the team choosing to walk or cycle to work – not exactly a hardship in the South-West’s adventure capital and ‘Best Place to Live in the UK’!
Our informal office is populated by ‘outdoorsy-types’ with hobbies ranging from climbing to cycling, horse riding to hiking, and surfing to skiing – and our annual staff days out often reflect these interests with previous trips including coasteering, SUPing and a mountain-bike pub crawl. You can see more of our antics on our ‘behind the scenes’ social highlights.
// Key benefits include:
- Competitive salary dependent on experience (pro-rata to part-time hours)
- Annual leave of 20 days plus bank holidays (pro-rata to part-time hours)
- Generous outdoor kit discounts
- Pension, cycle to work scheme and options to request specific benefits
- Relaxed dress-code, dog-friendly office, in-house bar, unlimited tea, coffee and strange international concoctions
If you are interested in this role, please submit an application (below) and an accompanying PDF CV as soon as possible as applications will close shortly.