Secret Compass is a Bristol-based risk management and expedition company, our ambitious projects seek to achieve the extraordinary in the world’s wildest places.
We are lucky enough to support a growing slate of TV and Film projects across the world spanning breaking news, drama, natural history, reality TV and factual genres.
We haven’t lost our roots though! Over the last decade we have completed world-first trekking, packrafting and mountain biking expeditions across the globe, in locations as diverse as South Sudan, North Korea, Afghanistan, DRC and Panama’s infamous Darien Gap.
We are on the lookout for an experienced Content Manager (2 days per week) to join our dynamic team here at Secret Compass and our sister brand Everest in the Alps.
Outline of role
Working with our Marcomms team, and reporting directly to our Head of Marketing, you will create engaging content for both journals and manage our email subscriber lists – making sure they’re kept up-to-date with the latest SC/EiA and adventure news. With a mix of truly unique expeditionary and TV & Film projects to talk about this is the perfect role for someone with a passion for writing about the outdoors and authentic adventure travel.
Key areas of responsibility.
- Producing copy that will inform, entertain and excite our customers about our new and existing expeditions and TV & Film projects
- Managing the SC and EiA email subscriber base and our e-newsletters
- Working with our SEO agency to produce compelling and unique content for our journal
- Supporting the marketing team with marketing campaigns, including emails, content, competitions, drafting press releases, and optimisation projects
- Proven experience as a Content Manager, preferably in adventure and outdoors
- Superb copywriting skills and an eye for design
- Proven experience at a relevant brand, marketing agency or adventure travel business
- You’re dynamic and self-motivated
- A self-starter, with the ability to work hands-on to deliver campaigns
- Passionate about producing great content, with a sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- A good understanding of standard and current SEO practices
- Proficiency with an array of relevant tools and software, including G Suite, WordPress and Mailchimp
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- A passion for adventure and the outdoors
Life at SCHQ
We’re a fun team at SCHQ, we’re busy, with sections of the company spanning the adventure travel, TV and film, risk management, creative production and magazine industries, there is no such thing as a ‘normal’ day.
The dog-friendly office is situated in South Bristol within walking distance of shops, town and a park with many of the team choosing to walk or cycle to work – not exactly a hardship in the South-West’s adventure capital and ‘Best Place to Live in the UK’!
Our informal office is populated by ‘outdoorsy-types’ with hobbies ranging from climbing to cycling, horse riding to hiking, and surfing to skiing – and our annual staff days out often reflect these interests with previous trips including coasteering, SUPing and a mountain-bike pub crawl.
This role will be open until Friday 26 May 2023, however, we may close recruitment early for the right applicant. Once the application process has closed, we will be in touch with candidates to let you know of any next steps.